There is a common saying – “If you think money can’t buy you happiness, come to Dubai!”
The Middle Eastern paradise is a destination for luxury lovers and aficionados of all things fine. Dubai is the largest city in the kingdom of UAE, and easily the most visited too. From lavish shopping destinations to adrenaline-pumping adventure sports, exciting nightlife, and a thousand things to see, eat and explore, Dubai is the ultimate holiday destination if you are looking for something beyond the ordinary.
You will, however, need a valid visa, depending on your reason for visiting. If you are looking for a Dubai visa for Indian citizens, this guide will help.
To visit Dubai, you will need a valid passport, visa, and travel insurance. Several types of visas are available for travellers to Dubai, depending on the purpose and duration of your visit.
Types of Dubai Visas for Indian Citizens
- Tourist Visa: A tourist visa is issued to individuals travelling for leisure or vacation to Dubai. Tourist visas are valid for 30 days from the date of issue and can be extended for an additional 30 days.
- Visit Visa: A visit visa is for travellers who are visiting friends or family in Dubai. Visit visas are valid for 60 days from the date of issue and can be extended for an additional 30 days.
- Transit Visa: Transit visas are issued to travellers who are passing through Dubai on their way to another destination. Transit visas are valid for 96 hours (four days) from the date of issue.
- Employment Visa: An employment visa is for travellers who intend to stay in Dubai to work. Employment visas are sponsored by a Dubai-based employer and are valid for the duration of the employment contract.
- Study Visa: A visa issued to foreign nationals looking to pursue higher education in Dubai.
Applying for Dubai Visa from India
To apply for a Dubai visa for Indians, you will need to submit the required documents to the Dubai immigration authorities. These may include a passport that is valid for at least six months, a completed visa application form, and proof of your travel plans, such as a round-trip ticket or a confirmed hotel reservation. You may also be required to provide proof of sufficient funds to support your stay in Dubai.
It is also worth noting that citizens of certain countries, including India, can obtain a visa on arrival in Dubai. This allows you to obtain a visa upon arrival at the airport rather than having to apply for one in advance. However, this option is only available if you are arriving in Dubai for tourism purposes and your stay is less than 14 days.
It’s important to note that the visa requirements for Dubai can change, so it’s always a good idea to check with the Dubai immigration authorities or your nearest Dubai embassy or consulate for the most up-to-date information.
Travel Insurance – A Must-Have When Travelling To Dubai
Travel insurance is yet another important consideration for individuals travelling to Dubai from India. It can help protect you in case of unexpected events such as trip cancellations, medical emergencies, and lost or stolen luggage.
There are many trusted companies that offer international travel insurance, like when travelling to Dubai from India. When shopping for a travel insurance policy, it’s important to consider factors such as the duration of your trip, the activities you will be participating in, and any pre-existing medical conditions you may have.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Indian citizens need a visa for Dubai?
Yes, Indian citizens generally need a visa to enter Dubai. It is also recommended that you get travel insurance when visiting Dubai.
How much does a visa cost for Dubai from India?
The cost of a visa to Dubai from India will depend on the type of visa you are applying for and the duration of your stay. Here are the current fees for some common types of visas for Indian citizens.
- Tourist visa: ~ ₹2,200 (plus processing fee)
- Transit visa: ~ ₹1,100 (plus processing fee)
- Business visa: ~ ₹3,300 (plus processing fee)
How do I get a Dubai visa from India?
Follow our guide, it has all the steps to get a Dubai visa from India.
Travelling to Dubai is a one-of-a-kind experience. Ensure that you enjoy the wholesome experience by taking care of the important aspects of your trip.